Job Description- Full Time Business Manager.
We are looking for a highly motivated business manager for a growing small business with a compact and flexible team. (This is not a remote position.) Evangelicalbible.com is a faith based, family-owned online retailer of premium Bibles that also manages a Bible publishing arm, Schuyler Bibles. We are an international company that works directly with partners in the Netherlands and Denmark. We ship to over 70 countries each year. Our mission is to provide high quality, readable Bibles in a variety of English language translations.
The business manager would guide and oversee the retail arm of the business, while also providing administrative support to the publishing arm. In this role, you would be responsible for overseeing and continuing the success of our daily operations, promoting sustainable growth, and improving our systems to allow our office to operate to its greatest capability. Ideally, you would have experience in managing the day-to-day operational activities of a small business, including production, stock management, human resources, and basic accounting processes.
Objectives of this Role
- Supervise employee activities, handle employees needs/ concerns, maintain employee files, and assist with other Human Resource needs. This position would supervise about 4-5 employees.
- Ensure that the company has the adequate and suitable resources to complete its activities (e.g., people, material, equipment etc.). This would include managing inventory, ordering supplies, scheduling and hiring, etc.
- Oversee the office bookeeping/accounting through using software such as Quickbooks, Excel, etc. Work with accountant to prepare annual tax documents.
- Maintain a forecast and work with company owner to budget for growth and schedule production accordingly.
- Oversee business partner relationships and obligations, including maintaining contracts, licensing and royalties with other publishers.
- Apply store policies and handle any customer concerns
- Assist with customer service and office tasks as necessary
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in a small business administrative role
- Self-motivated individual with enthusiasm for efficiency
- Capability to manage and maximize the potential of a small team
- Flexibility and versatility in a dynamic business environment
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Attention to detail in multiple roles supporting the retail and publishing arms of the business
- Proven ability with financial and budgetary processes, including Quickbooks
- Familiarity with website operations, social media, Word, and Excel
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for our product, market, and mission
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- BA or BS preferred
Salary: commensurate to experience. Range: ($55 – $70K)
Includes paid vacation and personal days.
If interested please send resume to email@example.com along with relevant job skills and availability. Please put “ADMIN” in the subject line.