Schuyler Treveris ESV, Full Yapp Marbled Mahogany Calfskin Bible – PREORDER
Our best approximation for arrival in our warehouse is late June.
Full Yapp Marbled Mahogany Calfskin cover with Brown Calfskin liner
2 dark brown ribbons, 1 gold ribbon, and red under gold art gilt
Page size: 5.5″ x 8.5″ x ~1.1″
8.5 pt. font with words of Christ in black
Cross references and Concordance
See Description below for more details.
Our best approximation for arrival in our warehouse is late June. You will be notified by email the day your Bible ships out of our facility. If you have not received a notification, we are still waiting for the shipment to arrive.
The Treveris is a unique typesetting from Schuyler that seeks to give the Bible reader a format that is free of human commentary, i.e. without subheadings, references, etc., but at the same time remains practical for Bible study. The text itself is free from callers, subheadings, and numbers, but verse and chapter designations are available in the margins, with subheadings in the header.
Marbled Mahogany Calfskin Full Yapp Cover, Brown Calfskin Liner
3 Ribbons: Dark Brown, Gold, Dark Brown
Trim Size: 5.5″ x 8.5″ x ~1.1″ (140mm x 215mm x ~28mm)
28 GSM Paper
Here is a text sampler.
Font: 10 pt.
Single Column Paragraph format
Single Column, Verse-by-Verse format for Psalms, Proverbs, Song of Solomon, and other Poetry
Ornamental Drop Caps
Line Matching to avoid “see through”
Art Gilt Edging (red under gold)
Schuyler Bible Maps
8 reviews for Schuyler Treveris ESV, Full Yapp Marbled Mahogany Calfskin Bible – PREORDER
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
You may also like…
Schuyler Quentel ESV, Full Yapp Marbled Mahogany Calfskin Bible$235.00Purchase DetailsFull Yapp Marbled Mahogany Calfskin cover and Brown Calfskin liner 2 brown ribbons, 1 gold ribbon, and red under gold art gilt Page size: 6.1″…
Crossway ESV Heirloom Bible, Legacy Edition, Black GoatskinPurchase DetailsBlack Goatskin cover with Black Calfskin liner 4 ribbons and red under gold art gilt Page size: 6" x 9" 9 pt. font with words of Christ…
Schuyler Journal Marbled Mahogany Calfskin$65.00Purchase DetailsThis Journal is a beautiful accompaniment to any Bible. It contains 234 pages of lined and numbered paper, as well as a Table of Contents…
Crossway ESV Heirloom Legacy Bible Exclusive Edition (Goatskin, Navy Blue)Purchase DetailsNavy Blue Goatskin cover with Navy Blue Calfskin liner 2 navy ribbons and blue under gold art gilt Page size: 6" x 9" 9 pt. font with…
Sergeant V –
First and foremost, a loud shot out to the gals at Schuyler making sure we always get our bibles. Awesome team!
I’ve only had the Treveris in goatskin so this is my first calfskin edition and with the full yap. The cover is smoother than the goat and that yap must come standard for all of the Treveris line. Amazing how a little bit extra leather makes the Bible all the more cool.
Its dimensions sit perfectly in that perfect size category even with the full yap. The thin profile is due to the super opaque paper employed for their text block. The text is one of the best printing jobs they currently publish. Extremely readable. Dark. Bold font. Those expecting red letter are not going to find it here. Only in the King James editions only.
Seeking a great reader Bible? Technically any Bible can be a “reader” Bible but the Treveris is a benchmark for quality and sets the standard for layout and readability.
If you are concerned about the thin paper go to YouTube and watch a full review on this Treveris at Isle of Jack.
Tanner Wittchow –
The calfskin is beautiful, soft, and exactly what I wanted. As always, Schuyler’s Bibles are amazing and crafted extremely well. The Treveris is the perfect reader with just enough added to know where you are in the story of God’s grace.
STEPHEN BOWMAN –
Mine came this weekend. Love it. Perfect.
This is the Perfect bible for straight reading. Best single column bible on the market. The calfskin and quality on this bible is top notch. I own a imperial blue goatskin quentel and this calfskin is smoother while being slightly stiffer but still floppy. The corner work is flawless on my copy. The yapp takes this bible to the next level in terms of look. Very close in size to the handy size preacher’s bible but slightly smaller. Perfect for carrying or home reading. I have no complaints
I am glad I made this purchase because this Calfskin is just as soft as my previous Goatskin orders. The color is exactly what you see on Schuyler website, it’s dark brown which I absolutely adored.
The full Yapp folds in nicely and meets each other for better protection during transportation. The perimeter stitchings and corner pleats are meticulously created. The mesmerising gold & red Art-Gilt edging matches the cover perfectly. Fonts are easily readable and together with it’s lightweight means I can carry it to everywhere I go to read God’s sacred words anytime anywhere.
Can’t wait for my next Schuyler purchase. NIV Treveris full yapp perhaps?
Thank you Team Schuyler for doing your utmost best to create such diversity of quality bibles for us.
I was very excited when I pre-ordered this Bible but unfortunately the quality I expected just isn’t there.
There is a crease down the spine in the leather that goes all the way down and the ribbons are glued in poorly. One is overlapping the other making it difficult to use them properly.
The paper and layout are both amazing. I love reading from it. It is simple and elegant.
Lastly I noticed that the cross on the cover is centered for the whole cover including the yapp. So when the yapp rolls over the cross will appear off center. It just seems like centering it to the tooling and block itself would make more sense.
Overall I think I just expected more for the price and I’m a little disappointed.
I am a huge fan of single column Bibles. However, I’ve longed for a one-volume premier Bible that would be a hybrid (reader-style single column without cross references or subheadings, but with chapters/verses). When Schuyler announced the Treveris, I loved every aspect of the design, minus the drop caps. I thought they would be distracting and would pull away from the reading experience since they start every chapter, not just new sections (compare to the ESV 6-volume readers set). I decided to take a chance with the Treveris.
After reading for about a week, I can confidently say that this is the greatest Bible I’ve ever owned. It exceeds all expectations. My biggest concern, the drop caps, is not as much of an issue as I thought. I can see myself getting used to them and just skimming past uninterrupted.
Don’t get me wrong, I love deep study, which cross references and other tools are very helpful. But if you want a Bible that will allow you to get immersed into the Story, and allows you the freedom to use chaptes/verses for quick finds, then the Treveris is be a good choice.
The only critique I’d like to mention is the size. Based on the dimensions, I thought this would be more in line with a thinline, but it is a little thicker and the full yapp gives a larger footprint. But I can still easily hold in my hand, so it’s not much of a person concern for me.
The calfskin is “stiffer” than the super floppy goatskin we’ve come to love. I’m sure it will break in more over time. The stiffness helps with armchair reading.
Well done Schuyler!
Chris Lueken –
I just received and inspected my new Treveris today and excited to leave the 1st review.
I own quite a few Schuyler, Cambridge and Crossway Bibles and this is my new favorite (I say this lightly because the “newness” is strong here). I am very picky about each of these Bibles that comes (and do not typically leave 5-stars), so when I give 5-stars…I mean it. This one is fantastic for several reasons:
1. The marbled effect is perfect!!!! This one is huge because I bought my daughter a personal size marbled mahogany and it looked nothing like this. The calfskin was more like goatskin and the marbled effect was just just to much smearing around (looks okay but not what you asked for). This one looks exactly like it does in the pictures. Truly amazing!
2. The typesetting, line spacing, font size, etc. is beautiful to the eye. I already knew this would be the case from pictures but seeing it in person helps. The chapter/verse numbers, subheadings out of the way and no cross references or notes to distract you is superb. I can just spend my time reading the Bible without getting side-tracked on research (happens quite a bit…I am a theology geek).
3. Full yap: This is my first full yap and see why people like it so much. Now I need to figure out how to train it!
4. Everything else that you expect from a Schulyer. This just means that all the little details that you expect are there. There are no blemishes or flaws with this one (It does and has happened with my other Bibles but that is to be expected when you go with handcrafted). I got a good one.
I do have some points to make though (like I said…I am very picky) but do not consider them cons:
1. The corners are different. They went with the folding technique rather than the cutting and stamping (or however you say that). It still looks good but just something different. The pictures they just posted confirm this is the new method. This might be a plus because it is hit and miss with the quality. Sometimes the cutting job didn’t result in a nice minor overlap (I hope you know what I mean). There is less risk of error and more consistency here.
2. cracks in the Schulyer. this is common but just something to be aware of.
3. THICK! This baby is thicker than the personal size and way thicker than the Crossway Omega (same font size) despite not having crossrefs or notes. You can thank the single-column for that. They could have done without the concordance and Bible maps for this reading Bible but I know many people would disagree…no biggie.
4. Single column…get used to it all over again. I have been using Schulyer’s amazing double-column method for quite some time and my eyes need to readjust to reading the entire width of the page. This may sound like nothing, but for regular Bible readers…this is quite the adjustment.
Thank you Schulyer and EVBible for a quality product that will last long enough to pass down to my kids!