Cambridge ESV Pitt Minion Reference Bible, Black Goatskin
Black Goatskin cover
2 ribbon markers and red under gold art gilt
Page size: 6 7/8″ x 4 3/4″
6.75 pt. font with words of Christ in red
Cross references and Concordance
See Description below for more details.
Click here for exclusive photos of Cambridge Pitt Minions.
This ESV Pitt Minion Bible is characterized by an elegant text design with a font that is compact, yet clear and easy to read. It features the words of Christ in red and includes cross-references, a concordance and maps. It also features India paper with red under gold edges, and like all Cambridge Bibles it is Smyth-sewn. It is bound in an attractive Black Goatskin Leather.
The English Standard Version (ESV) is a literal translation firmly rooted in the tradition of Tyndale and King James but using contemporary language. First published in 2001, it is closest in style to the Revised Standard Version and is well suited to public reading and memorization.
Two-column paragraph format
Center-column cross references
15 maps with index
Red letter text
Quality India Bible paper
Gold page edges
Two ribbon markers
6.75 pt text size
Page size: 6 7/8″ x 4 3/4″ (174 x 120 mm)
Page extent: 1120 pp.
Spine width: 3/4 in (20 mm)
PDF text sample
8 reviews for Cambridge ESV Pitt Minion Reference Bible, Black Goatskin
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
A beautiful little bible. It’s what I have been looking for a long time. Perfect for me to take to church and everywhere. The goat skin cover and the whole bible itself has a very nice feel, very well made. Although the font is smaller but it is very easy to read (I wear glasses). I highly recommend this bible.
Kevin Larson –
Yes the print is small, but it’s clear. But this Bible is so good! So compact. Fits so great in the hand. Upset I didn’t get this years and years ago. A gem.
I love my beautiful Allan Longprimer Bible I bought years ago. It is truly a thing of beauty. But, it was getting a little cumbersome in some situations, so I ordered this ESV Pitt-Minion from Cambridge.
It’s absolutely perfect for me. The size, the heft, the readability. Just like with my Longprimer, I do need my reading glasses to use it (older eyes).
It’s going to be so convenient to carry with me when I want a Bible on the go. To buy a Bible like this at the reduced price was a no-brainer.
Bob Beaver –
I received this bible a few days ago. I wanted to spend some time with it before I offered my review. So here goes– I absolutely love this little bible! Here’s why:
1. The goatskin leather is beautiful both to the sight and to the touch.
2. The art-gilt edges look so cool (it only comes with the goatskin
3. The paper is fantastic! It is super thin but super strong. While using my yellow Zebrite markers to highlight a passage there is NO bleed-through and virtually NO shadowing. Using my Pigma Micron pens for underlining also has no bleed-through and just the slightest of shadow (hardly noticeable).
4. The font is very eligible and I have old eyes. With my reading glasses on the text is super-clear. ***If you have vision problems you might go with the Cambridge Eagle rather than this sparrow.
5. This bible comes with two red ribbons (which are nothing to write home about). I wish Cambridge would put in nicer ribbons, but not a deal-breaker for me.
6. The concordance is brief (averaging 3-4 verses per entry). That’s fine for me because I don’t need a concordance.
7. The maps are very nice and there is a “map-index” to help you locate whatever you are looking for.
8. This is a “red-print” edition. The red is pleasing to the eye and quite clear.
9. There is NO lined-paper in the back to write your notes. It’s big brother, the Eagle does have lined paper.
10. There is a one-page presentation page (again, no frills).
To close, I just love this bible. I wouldn’t dream of folding it in half to stick it in my back pocket. But as they say, to each his own. I give this Pit Minion MORE than 5 stars–Its that good! I don’t think anyone will be disappointed with this bible–especially since I have written this extended review so that you can have a better idea as to what you may purchase. Thank you, Evangelical Bible for including this bible on your web page.
Ralph Buddemeyer –
No go issue on this one! I ordered the ESV, the box said the ESV, and text block said ESV, but the outside of the bible said NKJV. Evangelicalbible sent me a return label to ship it back right away, and they’re a pleasure to deal with. Just disappointed in the Cambridge lack of quality control. Things work for the best, as I had it just long enough to leaf through it and determine the font is just too small for my aging eyes to read, even with glasses, it is small.
I purchased this Bible recently and it arrived prior to the date shown. I was wanting something a bit smaller to carry with me every day. The font is smaller and I normally wear reading glasses, but it is very legible for the small font. It comes with two ribbons and the updates ESV. I purchased a Clarion some time ago for my son who is at Seminary. Also very nice, but I like the Pitt a bit better. Thanks, Joe
Love it!! It is my new travel /go anywhere Bible. It may be hard to study/read from for a prolonged time just because the print is small. Good quality and it does come with two ribbon markers and the 2011 esv text.
Janet Hatch –
This is a wonderful little Bible. The goatskin cover is very nice and the two ribbon markers are helpful. Easy to carry and not hard to read with my mature eyes. Lovely ivory paper and art-gilt pages. Sits flat on a table and feels good in the hand. Very well-made. A good value. Highly recommend.